The Cuisine of Hassan
Food of HassanHassan is a gateway for all who want to enjoy the exquisite Hoysala architecture and sculpture, the best of which can be found at Belur and Halebeed. Shravanabelagola, in Channarayapatna taluk, is renowned for its Jain religious supremacy.
Tourists can enjoy delicious food over here, which make their stay even more delightful. One can find multi cuisine restaurants as well as road side dhabas scattered across the district.
Special Cuisine in HassanHassan being one of the districts of Karnataka, has the predominance of Karnataka cuisine comprising of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Since it is located at the south-western part of the state, one can mostly find South Karnataka Cuisine over here. For authentic breakfast, one can enjoy Ragi mudde or steamed dumpling dipped in a curry of rice and yoghurt, called Saaru. For lunch, have formal vegetarian meal comprising of Palya, Kosambari, sweet-savory Gojju, spicy Chutney Pickles, Bajji, Bonda, Vade and Papad. Non vegetarian people can find Chicken, Mutton and Pork (Pandi) to savor their taste buds.
Common Karnataka Cuisine found in HassanLocal eateries as well as good hotels will serve some State common dishes like:
Rice Dishes - Bisibele bath, Vaangi bath, Chitranna, Puliyogare, Avalakki, Mandakki, Bene Dosa.
Breads - Ragi Roti, Jolada Roti, Akki Roti, Ragi Mudde, Chapati etc.
Main Dishes - Huli, Majjige Huli, Hurali Palya etc.
Recommended places to eat all these authentic Karnataka food are:
Address: Municipal Office Rd, Hassan, Phone No: 08172 268024
2. Ayyappa Swami Canteen- The hotel is located just near to the Hassanamba Temple. It has a very nice ambience and they serve awesome food.
Address: Hassanamba Temple Road, Hassanamba Circle, Hassan-573201
Good Restaurants in Hassan
1.Hoysala Village Restaurant- Cuisine offered over here are, Chinese, Indian (including North Indian dishes) and Continental. The place offers good buffet spread costing around Rs 520/- plus taxes.
Address: 1/2, Handinkere Village J.H.Kere P.O, Belur Road
2. Shantala- This restaurant offers varied cuisines like Continental, Vietnamese, Chinese, South-western as well as Indian. One can enjoy a sumptuous lunch and dinner buffet spread. They also serve Vegetarian Thali at Rs 150/-.
Address: PB No 121, B. M Road, Opposite D. C Office, Hassan 573201
3. The Meridian- Harsha Mahal Road, Near To S B G Theater, Hassan, Hassan 573201
4. Suvarna Gate- BM Road, Hotel Suvarna regency Annexue, Hassan
5. The Ambience- Hotel Sarayu, BM Road, Above Big Bazaar, Hassan 573201
6. Hotel Mayura International- Tanneeruhalla, Sakleshpur road, B.M. Road, Hassan 573201
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 1